One of my favorite EVER foods is jalapeno poppers! What’s not to love?? Hot, spicy peppers, cheese, sausage, and bacon – all my favorite things wrapped up in one cute little bundle and cooked on the grill. YES!
Not only are these delicious, but there are only 5 ingredients and they are gluten-free.
This recipe is so easy to prepare. Just make sure you wear gloves when cutting the peppers.
Slice the jalapenos in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to remove the seeds and the inner vein. This is where the majority of the heat is. If you prefer really spicy poppers, leave the vein in.
Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the cheddar and cream cheeses together until very well combined. This is the easiest and fastest way I have found. You could also use a hand mixer or just mix by hand.
Fill each pepper with the cheese mixture, a smokie cocktail sausage, and wrap in bacon.
I placed these on the top shelf of our grill to cook. The temperature was set at 350 degrees. If you have a single shelf grill, place the poppers to the side, not directly over the flame or they will burn.
It's time to fire up the grill and make these delicious Jalapeno Poppers! Stuffed with two types of cheese, cocktail sausages, and wrapped in bacon, they are the perfect appetizer for gatherings with family and friends.
- 10-12 each jalapeno peppers cut in half, lengthwise
- 1 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 package smokie cocktail sausages
- 1 pound bacon
- Prepare the peppers by cutting in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds.
- Combine the cream cheese and cheddar cheese thoroughly. Place a spoonful of the cheese mixture into each jalapeno.
- Place a cocktail sausage onto each pepper.
- Wrap each pepper in a half slice of bacon. (Use a whole piece if you prefer or your peppers are large.) Insert a toothpick through the pepper to prevent the bacon from unwrapping during cooking.
- Place onto the top shelf of the grill and cook at 350 degrees until the bacon is cooked through.
- Remove the toothpicks and serve.
I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful these are! You MUST try them for yourself!