I was born and raised in Alabama and I have never heard of Sweet Alabama Pecanbread before. If it’s from Alabama it’s got to be great, right?
It was the name of the bread that caught my attention. Not the Alabama part, the PECAN part! I love pecans! Especially when they are baked into loaves of bread and desserts.
I will admit, I am not much of a dessert eater or sweets eater. I prefer salty things, but this Sweet Alabama Pecanbread was perfect. It is simple to prepare and can be ready in under an hour. This would be a great recipe to get your kids involved with.
In a large mixing bowl, add the sugars, oil, and eggs. With a wooden spoon mix until thoroughly combined. Add the flour, vanilla, and salt, again mixing well. Fold in the pecans until they are evenly dispersed throughout the batter. This is a sticky, gooey batter.
Pour the mix into a buttered 9×13 inch baking dish. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
While the bread is baking, mix up a batch of homemade whipped cream. A little more sweetness never hurts!
SWEET ALABAMA PECANBREAD
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecans chopped
- whipped cream optional
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sugars, oil, vanilla, and eggs. Stir well to combine.
- Add the flour and salt. Mix well but do not overwork.
- Fold in the pecans until they are evenly dispersed throughout the batter.
- Pour into a lightly buttered 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Sweet Alabama Pecanbread is a delicious dessert or is perfect served alongside an afternoon cup of coffee or tea.
If you need more sweets in your life, try these: