What would the holiday season be like without someone bringing sausage balls to a gathering? Personally, I don’t want to find out. They are the perfect, bite-sized finger food that I always look forward to.
I’ve seen variations of different recipes but this is my favorite. The cream cheese keeps them moist and adds another level of flavor.
Place all the ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the dough hook, mix all the ingredients together until well blended.
Form into one-inch balls and place on a baking tray lined with aluminum foil.
Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
These are not only delicious for the holidays but can be made for tailgating parties, brunch, snacks, or just because you are craving them. They are so easy to prepare even your young children can help.
CREAM CHEESE SAUSAGE BALLS
- 1 pound hot sausage uncooked
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 1/4 cup Bisquick
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer. With the dough hook, mix until thoroughly combined. (These can also be mixed by hand, it just takes longer.)
- Form into 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.