This is a super easy, super delicious meal that even the kids will love. It’s even better because it can be made with only a few ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
I was in a quandary about what to cook for dinner. The grands spent the day with me and I didn’t have time to go to the store, so I needed to make something with what I had on hand. Often times, these meals can (for me) turn into complete and utter failures, but this was an exception.
This recipe can easily be adjusted to your taste and preferences. No pork? No problem, use ground chicken or ground beef. You don’t have wraps? No problem, serve it over rice. This is a very versatile recipe that will be in our menu repertoire in various forms. I’m posting a recipe for wraps because they were available and ready for a quick meal.
1 pound ground pork
1/4 red onion, diced
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil, for frying
Mix all ingredients, excluding olive oil, together in a medium bowl. Form into balls approximately one inch in diameter.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the meatballs and fry, turning frequently to brown on all sides. Cook until the pork is no longer pink and the meatballs are thoroughly cooked.
Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
TO ASSEMBLE WRAPS:
Place your favorite flatbread on a serving plate. Spread with Sriracha Mayonnaise or your favorite dressing of choice. Add 3-4 meatballs to each wrap. Top with spinach/arugula salad mix, and chopped tomatoes.
ASIAN PORK MEATBALL WRAPS
- pound ground pork
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 4 flatbreads
- 1 spinach & arugula salad blend
- 1 Roma tomato chopped or sliced
- 1 Sriracha Mayonnaise to taste
- Mix the ground pork, onion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce together until well blended. Form into one inch balls.
- Fry in a minimum amount of oil until browned all over and cooked thoroughly. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Add the Sriracha Mayo to the flatbread. Place 3-4 meatballs on each flatbread. Top with salad blend and chopped tomatoes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!