This may sound like a fancy recipe but it’s not. It’s a very simple, easy recipe made from ingredients you probably have on hand. If you are looking for an easy week night dinner or even a dinner for guests, this is it.
We try to include fish in our menu on a weekly basis. Usually, it’s the same lemon/garlic seasoning, and either baked or sauteed. I was ready for something different and this was the winner. I was a little hesitant about the sour cream at first, but trust me…it’s the perfect addition. It adds a flavor that makes you go, “hmmm, what is that?”, while at the same time keeping the fish moist and tender.
I prefer wild caught tilapia but I’ll admit, it’s hard to find. If you have it in your area, I’m jealous!
Serve this with rice and garlic green beans and you have a complete meal that is guest worthy.
BAKED TILAPIA with SOUR CREAM & PARMESAN CRUST
- 6 each tilapia filets
- 6 ounces sour cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs (Panko may be substituted for a crunchier texture)
- olive oil
- Place fish filets on a baking sheet.
- Mix the sour cream, parmesan cheese, paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic in a small bowl. Spread evenly over the fish filets.
- Spread the breadcrumbs over the fish. Drizzle lightly with olive oil, if desired.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 25-30 minutes until the fish is cooked and flaky.