These are the best Chocolate Chip Cookies you will ever eat. That is saying a lot coming from someone who doesn’t particularly care for sweets. They are packed full of chocolate, walnuts, and are ooey-gooey throughout.
I spent the day with one of my daughters recently and we spent the day cooking…look for several new recipes in the near future! These Chocolate Chip Cookies were one of the recipes we made. You might want to double the recipe because they don’t last long in a house full of sweet eaters.
In a small bowl, mix together the flour, salt, corn starch, and baking soda. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter that has been diced into small cubes, white sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. At low speed, mix until everything is well combined. If you do not have a stand mixer, you can also use a handheld mixer.
Slowly add the flour and continue to mix until it just comes together. Do not overmix. This is a very dry dough. You will think you need to add a liquid of some type. Resist the urge! These come out beautifully when baked.
Add the chocolate chips and walnuts. Mix until everything is incorporated.
Form into 1 1/2 inch balls and place them on the baking sheets that have been lined with parchment paper. You should get approximately 18 chocolate chip cookies depending on the size you make them.
Bake in a preheated 450-degree oven for 6-7 minutes until golden brown.
You might also enjoy these cookie recipes:
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 baking sheets
- parchment paper
- stand mixer or handheld mixer
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter (one stick), cut into small pieces
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, corn starch, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla. Mix on low speed until well combined. Some of the butter may remain in small pieces.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and continue to mix until just combined. Do not overmix. This is a very dry dough. Resist the urge to add liquid.
- Add the chocolate chips and walnuts. Mix to incorporate.
- Form into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Spread apart as they will expand while baking.
- Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for 6-7 minutes until golden brown.
Leave a Reply