This recipe for Glazed Carrots is SO simple to prepare and is a wonderful accompaniment to any meal. They are so good that even your pickiest eater will love them.
I didn’t grow up eating carrots and when I did have them, they weren’t very memorable. They were usually just boiled in water with a little butter, salt, and sometimes a sprinkling of pepper. What I have learned as I have “matured” is that there are other ways to prepare carrots that are quite delicious and they are also very healthy for you.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CARROTS
Were you ever told to eat your carrots because they were good for your eyes? Actually, that is true, because carrots are high in betacarotene which converts to Vitamin A, an important nutrient for eye health.
Carrots are also high in fiber which helps control blood sugars. If diabetes is a problem in your family, this is one vegetable you should add to your diet.
High in Vitamin K and calcium, carrots are also good for promoting bone health.
HOW TO PREPARE GLAZED CARROTS
I mentioned how simple this Glazed Carrot recipe was to prepare, so here goes…
Wash the carrots well, remove the ends, peeling is optional, and slice into 1/2 inch diagonal slices.
Mix all the remaining ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Pour over the sliced carrots and toss well.
Place the carrots on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
Roast in a 425-degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with fresh thyme, if desired.
These carrots are so delicious, even your picky eaters will love them.
Other roasted vegetable recipes you may enjoy:
- 1 pound carrots, sliced in 1/2 inch diagonal
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, fresh
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Scrub the carrots well, peel if desired, cut off the ends of the carrots, slice diagonally 1/2 inch thick.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Toss the carrots with the sauce.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Spread the carrots on the paper in a single layer.
- Roast in a preheated 425-degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
Leave a Reply