CROCKPOT CALICO BEANS
This recipe is great for summer cookouts. Loaded with beef, bacon, and 3 types of beans, it can be prepared in the crockpot, on the stovetop, or in the oven. It's perfect for feeding a crowd so invite your friends and family and let the fun begin!
- 1 pound ground beef cooked and drained
- 8 ounces bacon cooked and drained
- 1 each medium onion chopped
- 2 large cans Bush's Baked Beans
- 16 ounces black beans drained
- 1 can baby lima beans drained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (may substitute honey)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
In a large skillet, brown the ground beef, bacon, and onions. Drain well and add to the crockpot.
Add the remaining ingredients to the crockpot. Stir well to combine. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.
Any type of bean can be substituted for the black beans and lima beans. I used what I had on hand. Red kidney beans or pintos would be good options.
You may substitute your favorite bbq sauce for the ketchup.