GRILLED CHICKEN SHAWARMA WITH YOGURT SAUCE
A Middle Eastern inspired Grilled Chicken Shawarma recipe served on pita bread with vegetables and a yogurt sauce. It's sure to become a summertime favorite meal.
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- pita bread
- romaine lettuce chopped
- tomatoes chopped
- cucumbers sliced
- red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian "hot" paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
Grill the chicken thighs over medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes per side until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Remove from heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing or chopping.
Combine all ingredients together in a small bowl.
Place the chicken thighs in a large ziplock bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken thighs ensuring the chicken is thoroughly coated with the marinade.
Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.