I did it again…I made something sweet! Notice I said “made” and not baked because these are NO-BAKE Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars. At this rate, I’ll break my record of 4 sweet recipes in a year!
Seriously, this recipe couldn’t be more simple. It only has 6 ingredients and you probably have those on hand. It definitely tastes as if you worked hard to produce it.
In a medium saucepan, melt one stick of butter. Add the brown sugar and vanilla and heat until the sugar has melted. Stir in the oatmeal and cook for 2-3 minutes until everything is combined and the oatmeal is no longer raw.
Grease a 9×9 inch pan with butter. Place half of the oatmeal mixture in the bottom of the pan and press it out until it evenly covers the bottom.
Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a small saucepan, stirring frequently to avoid burning. Burned chocolate is YUCK! Pour the chocolate mixture over the oatmeal. Using an offset spatula, knife, or spoon, spread the chocolate evenly over the bottom.
Sprinkle the remaining oatmeal mixture evenly over the top of the chocolate. Spread evenly and press lightly to set the oatmeal.
Refrigerate for 2 hours minimum to set the ingredients. You can also refrigerate these overnight making these perfect for prepare ahead snacks. If you refrigerate overnight, you will need to allow them to come to near room temperature before cutting.
The hardest part of this recipe?? Not eating ALL of them in one sitting!
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL BARS
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, creamy
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the brown sugar and vanilla and simmer until the sugar is melted.
- Add the oatmeal. Cook for 2-3 minutes until everything is incorporated and the oatmeal is tender.
- Spread the oatmeal mixture into a greased 9x9 inch baking pan.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and peanut butter in a small saucepan. Drizzle over the oatmeal mixture and spread evenly with an offset spatula, knife, or spoon.
- Sprinkle the remaining oatmeal mixture over the chocolate. Spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours. Cut into even squares to serve. If you need to refrigerate overnight, that is fine. Bring to almost room temperature to cut and serve.
Thanks for stopping by!