What do you do when your beloved LOVES breakfast in the mornings and you don’t want to look at food until your first half-pot of coffee is gone? You find recipes that can be made ahead and reheated. This is one of those recipes.
Don’t misunderstand me, I LOVE breakfast foods, but I want them much later in the day than most people. The thoughts of eating (or cooking) when I first get up is just not something that appeals to me. I would win the “worst mom” award because I taught the kids early to get a bowl of cereal, yogurt, or fruit because I couldn’t, just couldn’t cook when I first awoke. If you are anything like me, this is the perfect, healthy, recipe for your family.
This recipe for Sausage and Egg Muffins only contains 4 ingredients and can be made in 30 minutes or less.
In a medium skillet, cook the sausage until it is no longer pink. Drain and allow to cool.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the sausage with the Bisquick. This will help prevent pockets of flour from forming in the muffins.
Add the cheese and eggs stirring to thoroughly combine.
Spray a 12-tin muffin pan with non-stick spray. Fill each cup with equal amounts of the mixture, about 2/3 of the way full.
Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove and place on a wire rack. These can be eaten now or stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
SAUSAGE AND EGG MUFFINS
- 1 pound sausage cooked and drained
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup Bisquick
- Brown the sausage in a medium skillet until no longer pink. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Add the cooked sausage to a large mixing bowl. Stir in the Bisquick to incorporate.
- Add the eggs and cheese. Stir well.
- Spray a 12-tin muffin pan with non-stick spray. Spoon the mixture into each tin in equal amounts, about 2/3 full.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove to a wire baking rack. These may be eaten now or cooled and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator until needed.
Thanks for stopping by!