This is the best Pasta Salad you will ever eat! Made using sweet ‘n spicy pickles and roasted red peppers it is the perfect side dish for burgers, cookouts, and potlucks.
I first made this pasta salad a few years ago when our daughter got married. We served an assortment of sandwiches, bbq, finger foods, and salads. This was an instant hit with the guests and a family favorite, as well. It is so easy to prepare and only gets better the longer it is made making it perfect for preparing a day or two ahead.
Any type of short pasta can be used for this recipe. I used a fusilli pasta but penne, macaroni, even bowtie would work just as well. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain well and allow to cool. Do not rinse the pasta as the starch that remains makes the sauce adhere better.
While the pasta is cooling, mix all the remaining ingredients together in a large bowl.
The sweet ‘n spicy pickles are what makes this recipe so delicious. There are a few types in the markets, but this is the one I used for this recipe. They also have one that is even spicier than these. I LOVE them, but a few in our family don’t do spicy foods really well so I refrained.
Once the pasta has cooled, add it to the sauce mix and thoroughly combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. I *may* have used a Habanero Himalayan Sea Salt on mine for more flavor…ok, I did use it. If the pasta seems too dry, add a little splash of pickle juice, or a splash of milk, or a combination of both.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until time to serve.
EASY PASTA SALAD
- 4 cups fusilli pasta cooked, drained, and cooled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup roasted red peppers chopped
- 1 cup sweet 'n spicy pickles chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup pickle juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, add all the remaining ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the cooled pasta to the sauce ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Adjust seasonings to your taste preference.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours but as long as two days.
Thanks for stopping by! And many thanks to Ree Drummond for the delicious inspiration for this post!
[…] Easy Pasta Salad […]