This recipe for homemade Cajun Seasoning is so simple to make and far better than any store-bought seasoning I have tried.
Seasonings are what make any meal go from ordinary to delicious. When you prepare your own mixes, it’s even better. Not only is the taste better, but you know exactly what is in it. This blend is savory and mildly spicy, but you could boost the heat by adding more cayenne pepper. We have a few in our family that don’t like spicy, so I had to cut back on the heat for them.
Simply mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl, place in an airtight jar, and store in a cool, dark place along with your other spices. This blend will keep well for up to one year.
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Store in an airtight container. I used a canning jar.
Thanks for stopping by!
I love dehydrating my homegrown herbs and making my own seasonings too! Wonderful combination of flavor!
Homemade is so much better!