DRUMROLL…I baked cookies! These Lemon Ricotta Cookies are so light, soft, and delicious, they almost taste like cake and have a similar texture. I love the flavor of lemon and these cookies have just the perfect amount. They would be perfect as a snack or for a brunch.
If you’ve never tried Ricotta Cheese you are in for a treat. It’s a sweet cheese which makes these cookies so delicious. It’s also great in lasagna, manicotti, and other Italian foods. It’s quite a versatile cheese that can be used in sweet or savory dishes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside. Guess who was out of parchment? So, I used aluminum foil and it worked just as well.
These cookies could be mixed by hand, with a handheld mixer, or in a stand mixer which is what I used. Using the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together until light and smooth.
Add the lemon zest and eggs continuing to mix until well incorporated.
Fold in the ricotta cheese and lemon juice.
On low speed, add the flour, baking powder, and salt all at once. Mix until combined.
Drop by tablespoons onto the parchment paper. Leave about two inches between each cookie. The cookies will spread out as they cook.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the bottoms turn a light golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool on baking racks. This recipe for Lemon Ricotta Cookies made two baking sheets. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!
LEMON RICOTTA COOKIES
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup) soft
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 lemon zest of
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the lemon zest and eggs. Mix well.
- Mix in the ricotta cheese and lemon juice.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Continue to mix until well combined, approximately one minute.
- Drop by tablespoons, two inches apart, onto a large baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 12-15 minutes until the bottoms are becoming light, golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place on wire baking racks to cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!
For other easy dessert and sweet snack ideas, check out these recipes:
Thanks for stopping by!