This recipe for Loaded Crockpot Cheese Dip is everyone’s favorite snack. It’s perfect for game day, movie night, or just gathering with family and friends. Serve with plenty of tortilla chips and all your guests will be happy.
There are so many things in this loaded crockpot cheese dip, you could almost serve it as a meal! It has meat, cheese, vegetables, tomatoes, even beer. If you have leftovers, which I doubt you will, you could use it as a topping for baked potatoes or serve on toasted crostini.
Begin by browning your sausage in a medium saute pan crumbling the sausage as it cooks. The type of sausage you use is totally your choice. If you want a spicy dip, use “hot” sausage. I used some of our own sausage and it was hot. I love spicy foods but some prefer a milder taste. When cooked, drain and place in the crockpot.
Meanwhile, cut the Velveeta cheese and cream cheese into one-inch cubes. Add to the crockpot along with the black beans, Rotel tomatoes, corn, beer, hot sauce, and any or all of the optional ingredients listed. Mix well.
Cover and cook on low heat until the cheese is thoroughly melted. This took approximately 2.5 hours. I stir mine about halfway through the cooking time.
Serve with tortilla chips and ENJOY!
LOADED CROCKPOT CHEESE DIP
- crockpot, slow cooker
- 1 pound sausage (hot or mild, your choice) crumbled and cooked
- 1 32 oz Velveeta cheese cut into one-inch chunks
- 4 ounces cream cheese cut into one-inch chunks
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 14.5 ounces Rotel tomatoes hot or mild, your choice
- 1/2 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1/2 cup beer your favorite
- jalapeno peppers, diced, to taste optional
- hot sauce, to taste optional
- cilantro, to taste optional
- 1/4 cup onions, diced optional
- In a medium saute pan, crumble the sausage and cook until browned. Drain and add to the crockpot.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the crockpot. Stir, cover, and cook on low heat for approximately 2 hours or until the cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Serve with plenty of tortilla chips.
For other snack ideas check out these recipes:
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy this Loaded Crockpot Cheese Dip as much as we do.