I am always looking for quick, easy, delicious meals that my family will love. This Korean Pork Rice Bowl ticks all those boxes and more.
We raise our own hogs so I always have ground pork on hand. However, this recipe could be made using ground beef, chicken, or lamb. Use your favorite or what you have on hand.
I have a confession to make…I’ve never had truly “authentic” Korean food, so I’m not sure how this compares, but it does have some of the flavors that are common in Korean cuisine. If any of you have any recipes for authentic Korean cuisine, please let me know! I would love to try them. In the meantime, this Korean Pork Rice Bowl is one of our family favorites.
Prep all of your ingredients before you begin cooking. It will make your recipe go much more smoothly. For the carrots, skin the carrots and using your vegetable peeler slice them into long, thin strips. Stack them on top of each other and slice lengthwise. This is called “julienne”. They should resemble matchsticks. You can also purchase pre-cut, julienned carrots in the grocery section of your grocery store. I always have carrots on hand and this method is really simple. Plus, it’s a money saver when you do it yourself.
Prepare the rice according to package directions and set aside.
In a large saute pan, heat the sesame oil. Add the meat and cook for 8-10 minutes until browned.
To the pan, add the garlic, soy sauce, Sriracha sauce, ginger, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the carrots and broccoli. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Serve over cooked rice topped with scallions and toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
KOREAN PORK RICE BOWLS
- 4 cups cooked rice cooked according to package directions
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 pound ground pork, beef, or chicken
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger freshly grated
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- dash Sriracha Sauce to taste
- pinch red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 cup carrots julienned
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- green onions, optional chopped
- toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan, heat the sesame oil. Add the ground meat and cook until lightly browned approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, soy sauce, ginger, Sriracha, and brown sugar. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and broccoli to the meat mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes until the carrots and broccoli begin to get tender.
- Serve over cooked rice with green onions and sesame seeds as toppings, if desired.
For another delicious, simple to prepare Asian meal, try this:
Thanks for stopping by!
[…] Korean Pork Rice Bowl […]