I may be late to the Crack Chicken craze but I have arrived! This recipe is delicious and so simple to prepare in the Instant Pot.
If you are looking for a chicken recipe that is packed with flavor and can be served in different ways, this is it. I served it on toasted buns as a sandwich, but it could be served over pasta, mashed potatoes, rice, or even as a topping for baked potatoes.
The Instant Pot has become a favorite kitchen tool for me. You get the ease of putting everything into one-pot to cook, but because it is a pressure cooker, you can have a meal on the table in less than an hour with no fuss. If you don’t own one, this Crack Chicken can also be made in a slow cooker by adding all the ingredients and cooking on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
Set the IP to saute function. When the reading says “hot”, add the chopped bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes. I had slab bacon on hand and used that. Regular bacon would work just as well.
Place the chicken pieces into the pot and lightly brown for a few minutes. This step is optional.
Turn the IP off and add all the remaining ingredients except for the cheddar cheese. Lock the lid in place and close the pressure valve. Using the manual function, set the timer for 15 minutes. Allow a natural release for 10 minutes then using a quick release, slowly and carefully remove the lid.
Remove the chicken from the pot and shred it. Return the chicken to the pot along with the cheddar cheese. Mix well. Close the lid but do not reset the pressure valve. Allow it to simmer on the “keep warm” function for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt and the sauce to thicken.
Chicken, cheese, ranch dressing, and spices…it’s delicious! Top with green onions and parsley, if desired. I like a little extra sauce with mine.
Serve this Instant Pot Crack Chicken with garlic roasted potatoes, salad, asparagus, or green beans for a complete meal…yummy!
INSTANT POT CRACK CHICKEN
- Instant Pot
- crockpot, slow cooker
- 6 slices thick bacon chopped
- 3 each chicken breasts cut into large chunks
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 8 ounces cream cheese cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons Dry Ranch Dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Set the Instant Pot to saute function. Add the bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes until crisp.
- Add the chicken pieces and brown lightly. This step is optional.
- Turn off the IP. Add the remaining ingredients EXCEPT for the cheddar cheese. Lock the lid in place and close the pressure valve.
- Using the manual function (high temp), set the timer for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes cooking time, allow for 15 minutes of natural release then use the quick release.
- Remove the lid slowly and carefully. Remove the chicken and shred it using 2 forks or your preferred method.
- Add the chicken and the cheddar cheese back into the Instant Pot. Place the lid back on but do not set the pressure valve.
- Allow this to simmer on the "keep warm" function for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the sauce has thickened.
Are you looking for other Instant Pot Recipes? Try this:
Thanks for stopping by!