It’s time for another potato recipe because, well you know, I LOVE potatoes and this Hashbrown Casserole is the perfect choice! Doesn’t everyone love potatoes? This recipe is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or as a side dish, and it is SO simple to make!
Using only 6 ingredients, excluding the pepper, this Hashbrown Casserole is quickly assembled and baked. Because it serves 10 people, it is a great dish to carry to a potluck, family reunion, or any gathering where you need to provide a dish.
There are also many variations you can make to this Hashbrown Casserole. The recipe I have given is for the basic casserole.
Various soups can be substituted and additions made:
- Cream of Chicken soup – Add rotisserie chicken, green peas, or broccoli
- Cream of Mushroom soup – Fresh mushrooms would be a delicious addition to this
- Cheddar Cheese soup – For a cheesier casserole you could use this soup.
Set aside 1/2 cup of the cheese to use as the topping.
Thaw the hashbrowns completely. In a large mixing bowl, combine the hashbrowns, soup, sour cream, onion, butter, pepper, and 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese.
Place into a buttered 9 x 13 casserole dish and top with the reserved cheese.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.
For other potato recipes, check these out:
A delicious, cheesy Hashbrown Casserole that is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or as a side dish. It's always a favorite of family and friends.
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 30 oz Frozen Shredded Hashbrowns, thawed
- 1 10.5 oz Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 16 oz Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup butter (one stick)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese to use for the topping.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour into a well-buttered 9 x 13 casserole dish. Top with the reserved cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 45-50 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 223mg | Potassium: 38mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 512IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 1mg