This Ground Beef Stroganoff recipe is simple to prepare and is just as delicious as the authentic version but is ready in 30 minutes. Made with ground beef, mushrooms, and a rich sour cream sauce, it’s one meal your entire family will love.
Over the past several years our family has made a concerted effort to eat healthier. One of the first areas we changed was the number of processed foods we consume. Things such as cereal, salad dressings, boxed meals, and soups were some of the first items we decided should go. Not only are they high in sugars but the amount of salt is also very high. This recipe for Ground Beef Stroganoff omits the canned soup.
Begin by cooking the egg noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef, onions, and garlic. Drain and return the beef to the saute pan.
Add the sliced mushrooms and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over the mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes. Slowly add the broth and stir until it begins to thicken slightly. Mix in the Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the egg noodles to the meat mixture. Stir well and heat until it is heated through. Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream until well combined.
If you have limited time and are on a budget, this Ground Beef Stroganoff is a terrific meal that everyone enjoys. We serve it with bread and a salad but you could also serve it will green beans, broccoli, or asparagus for a complete and healthy meal.
GROUND BEEF STROGANOFF
- 8 ounces egg noodles cooked according to package directions
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 3/4 pound mushrooms sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- parsley, if desired for presentation
- Cook the egg noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef, onions, and garlic. Drain and return to the saute pan.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the meat mixture with the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add in the beef stock, stirring until it begins to thicken slightly.
- Add the Worcestershire Sauce, salt, and pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked egg noodles to the meat and simmer until everything is heated through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream and parsley, if using.
Are you looking for more 30-minutes or less recipes? Try this one.