This Mexican Street Corn Salad will totally transform your Mexican dishes into something different and even more delicious. I’m changing Meatless Monday into Mexican Monday this week because you really need to try this recipe.
The beauty of this recipe is you can make it as spicy as YOU like. Simply add more peppers or chili powder, which I omitted from this recipe so the beloved could enjoy it as well.
This would also be the perfect recipe to use leftover corn on the cob for. I, however, decided to roast the corn using the gas cooktop. The char from the roasting was wonderful. It added so much to the flavor of the salsa. You could also grill the corn.
I first tried Mexican Street Corn Salad last summer and became an instant fan. It is so easy to prepare and it’s so different from your basic tomato salsa. It’s as simple as charring your corn, cutting it off the cob, and mixing in all the remaining ingredients.
This salad is a great accompaniment to any Mexican dish or could even be served as a dip with chips.
MEXICAN STREET CORN SALAD
- 3 ears corn on the cob roasted or grilled
- 1/2 cup spring onions diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup Cotija cheese crumbled
- 1 each jalapeno pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice fresh squeezed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons hot smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil drizzled over, if needed
- 1. Char the corn over an open flame. Cut the corn from the cob and place in a large bowl
- 2. Add the remaining ingredients to the corn and mix well. If it seems a bit dry, drizzle with olive oil.
I served this Mexican Street Corn Salad over chicken tacos and it was oh.so.good!!
If you are looking for other Mexican foods, try this one:
Thanks for stopping by!