Meatless Mondays, 30-Minute Meals, Cooking for Two…this recipe for ravioli with a creamy mushroom sauce ticks ALL the boxes and more.
I really wanted to make homemade ravioli but time and energy dictated otherwise. So, off to the store I went for a refrigerated package of Mushroom Ravioli. You could also use ravioli with a ricotta filling or even the 3 cheese type. Any of them would be delicious.
This is one of the few meals my “meat and potatoes” husband really loves! Serve with crusty bread and a salad and you have a complete, delicious dinner that is guest worthy as well.
Prepare the ravioli according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and the chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Saute for 2-3 minutes just until the mushrooms begin to soften.
Add the spinach, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook until the spinach wilts slightly, stirring frequently.
Pour in 1 cup of heavy cream, stir well, and bring to a simmer.
Add the cooked and drained ravioli, toss, and heat thoroughly. Check your seasonings and add salt and pepper if needed.
RAVIOLI WITH MUSHROOM CREAM SAUCE
- 10 ounces Ravioli your choice of fillings
- 10 ounces mushrooms, sliced Baby Bella, Shittake, White Button, Oyster, etc.
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil chopped
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare ravioli according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and tomatoes to the pan. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the spinach, garlic, and red pepper flakes into the pan. Stir well and saute until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Pour in the heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add the ravioli to the pan and heat thoroughly.
Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!