This Apple Cobbler was a HUGE hit with my family. Not only is it delicious, but I never make desserts so they were super excited! Let me just say, it’s mid-February and I made a dessert. At this rate, I may beat my personal record of four desserts in one year!
While this is the perfect recipe for autumn desserts when the apples are in season, it can be made any time of year because of the large variety of apples that are available year-round now.
For this recipe, I used Golden Delicious apples. Honestly, I was afraid they would turn to mush when cooked but they held up beautifully and were just the right sweetness. I think a combination of different types of apples would also be wonderful. It would give you a different texture and a different flavor profile. Some of my favorites used for baking are
- Granny Smith
- Pink Lady
Peel, core, and slice 8 cups of apples. Place them in a large mixing bowl with 2/3 cups of sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon. Mix well. Place in a 9×13 inch baking dish and spread evenly over the bottom.
In a bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, egg, and salt. Mix with a fork until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the apples.
Melt the butter and drizzle over the cobbler.
Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 45-50 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.
Serve this Apple Cobbler warm with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream for a dessert everyone will love.
- 8 cups apples peeled, cored, sliced
- 1 1/3 cup sugar divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Peel, core, and slice apples. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix 2/3 cup sugar with 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Pour cinnamon sugar mixture over apples and stir until well combined.
- Place apples in a 9x13 inch baking dish that has been lightly greased with butter.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, 1 cup sugar, egg, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt. Mix with a fork until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle evenly over the apples.
- Melt the butter and drizzle over the apple crumb mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 45-55 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream (not included in nutrition information)
Are you looking for more apple recipes? Try these:
Thanks for stopping by!