Satisfy your taste buds with this delicious Burrata Salad with fresh berries. It is easy to prepare and very versatile. It could be served as breakfast, a lunch salad, an appetizer, a cheese course, or even a dessert.
WHAT IS BURRATA CHEESE?
Burrata is an Italian semi-soft cheese that is similar to Mozzarella. Made with cow’s milk, it is firm on the outside but soft and creamy in the center. You can purchase it in small 2 oz spheres making it the perfect size for a salad. It is one of my favorite cheeses.
One of the wonderful things about this recipe is you can make it for one serving or as many as you need.
Break open a 2 oz sphere of Burrata and place it on a plate, with or without lettuce. Arugula or another soft lettuce would be nice to use. Place approximately 1/2 cup of your favorite berries around and over the cheese. My favorites are raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries. Pomegranate arils are wonderful on this salad but we don’t always have them available.
Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of honey over the cheese and berries.
In a small saucepan, bring 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar to a gentle boil and reduce the mixture by half. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Once cooled, drizzle the balsamic reduction over the salad.
This Burrata Salad is so refreshing and addictive! You have been warned.
OTHER WAYS TO USE BURRATA
You can use Burrata in any recipe that calls for Mozzarella. Some of our favorite ways are
- on pizza
- spread on bruschetta and topped with your favorite charcuterie meat, i.e. salami, pepperoni, Proscuitto
- toss with olive oil and fresh herbs to be served on crusty bread
- 2 ounces burrata cheese torn into halves or quarters
- 1/2 cup fresh berries raspberries, blueberries, strawberries,
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced balsamic vinegar
- Reduce the balsamic glaze by placing 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan. Over medium heat, boil until the vinegar is reduced by half.
- Break the burrata into halves or quarters. Place on a salad plate.
- Place the berries over and around the burrata.
- Drizzle with the honey and reduced balsamic glaze.
Another favorite recipe of ours that uses Mozzarella cheese is this Caprese Salad